The following supplies will be necessary to protect and sustain your employees in the event that a tornado or hurricane leaves you temporarily stranded in the office building:
- Food: stock your office with non-perishables and easy to store food products, such as dehydrated foods and food bars.
- Water: keep at least a three-day supply of purified water. It is recommended that you stock two quarts of water per day, per employee.
- Emergency lighting: keep flashlights, flares and light sticks.
- Batteries: keep a fresh supply.
- Medical: keep a well-stocked First Aid Kit. Choose kits designed to treat earthquake-related injuries such as heavy bleeding, shock and broken bones.
- Blankets: keep lightweight fire and shock retardant emergency blankets.
- Radios: keep portable transistor radios with extra batteries and two-way radios.
- Fire extinguisher: have an extra available.
- Medications: persons on medication should keep a 72-hour supply in their desk.